Latest information and advice for adult care providers in Somerset
Read: Coronavirus: how to stay safe and help prevent the spread (Cabinet Office)
Dashboard: View the Somerset COVID-19 Local Outbreak Management Plan Dashboard
Reporting cases of COVID-19 in care settings
If you suspect or have a coronavirus outbreak in a care setting (one or more resident/s or staff affected), contact UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) via 0300 303 8162 (option 1, then option 1 for a Covid call).
All cases involving more than one person, or any residents, must also be reported to email@example.com immediately and the team kept informed of any escalations.
If you have a COVID-19 concern or query affecting your service, or are not receiving email briefings, please contact our Incident Room via ASCCOVID19@somerset.gov.uk. You can also phone us on 07790 577338.
Please note – Providers should continue to use Somerset Direct for individual cases / individual escalations that do not relate to COVID-19.
For information about the monthly Provider Webinar and Q&A with Somerset’s Director of Adult Services, Mel Lock, please see here.
UK HSA Care Provider Webinar
The Health Protection Team host a weekly 3pm Friday webinar for Social Care providers to discuss any guidance changes and non-urgent questions; dial in details are below:
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+44 20 3443 6291,,179969589# United Kingdom, London
Phone Conference ID: 179 969 589#
- Homecare Agency Testing Weekly Webinar. Please use this link to sign up to attend the webinar.
- Adult Day Care Centres Testing Weekly Webinar. Please use this link to sign up to attend the webinar.
- Extra Care and Supported Living testing webinars. Please use this link to sign up to attend the webinar.
- Care home Lateral Flow Device Test (LFT) test kit webinar Please use this link to sign up to attend the webinar.
- Care Home Testing Webinars: The Department of Health and Social Care has set up regular care home testing webinars. Please use this link to sign up to attend the webinars.
- Weekly infection prevention and control webinar – every Friday at 15:00. Please use this link to join using Microsoft Teams or join by phone: 020 8142 8939 then phone conference ID: 447 183 299#