Updated Advice on COVID-19 Booster Vaccination
Public Health England have issued a press release regarding the booster vaccination program taking place this Autumn/Winter. The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) have advised that all those who were in priority groups 1-9 and were vaccinated during the first phase will be offered a booster.
- those living in residential care homes for older adults
- all adults aged 50 years or over
- frontline health and social care workers
- all those aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe COVID-19, and adult carers
- adult household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals
This booster dose will be offered no sooner than six months after completing the primary course of the vaccine.
The full press release can be found here: JCVI issues updated advice on COVID-19 booster vaccination – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)