Learning Disability Mental Health Upskilling Sessions
Free Mental Health training for the Learning Disability Social Care workforce is available this spring. The hope is that this will help colleagues who support those with a lived experience of mental health, and also explore the different ways in which mental health presents in individuals who also have a Learning Disability.
The content has been designed alongside colleagues working in Learning Disability Social Care, and will be delivered by local training partner Optimise.
The topics which are covered by the training are:
- How dementia presents in individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Suicidal behaviour in individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Dual-diagnosis of mental illnesses and Learning Disabilities
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Positive behavioural strategies
All sessions run 10am-5pm and are free to attend, but please bring your own lunch.
When booking, please select a first and second choice date and contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will reserve your place.
- 10th & 24th July at Wynford House, Yeovil (free parking available on site)
- Taunton Campus of Bridgwater & Taunton College on the 7th August.